Pages

Wednesday, 2 February 2011

The one with... welcoming Feb 2011.

Can’t believe that the first month of 2011 has already ended… (-_-’)

Goodbye Jan, and hello Feb!

Honestly, I’m hoping for better days ahead. I’m grateful that I am still alive and whatnot, but Jan has not been a nice one for me. *tsk*

Anyway, here’s a recap of what had took place last month:

  • 2011 was kicked off with me and the 2 K’s taking turns having rounds of fever, flu and cough.. sigh. I took comfort by the fact that we (hopefully) won’t be sick for the rest of the year anymore.. *amin*

  • 2011 also was kicked off with me being SO busy at work -- striving to achieve budget, billing, collection, completion of work, and such.

  • There was a regional training taking place at the end of January in our BKK office, and I had to do a presentation with another colleague. So, coupled with the day-to-day work, I had to juggle in between the time to prepare the slides as well. You know lah, brainstorming session, preparing it for the 1st cut, clearing it with the bosses, practicing, more research done, amendments, etc.. I think for most days of my Jan 2011, I reached home around 8.30 – 9.00 pm.. with one trip to office on a Sunday afternoon! Something I’ve not done for ages! :’(

  • I’ve actually planned to start weaning off Khayr now that he’s turning 1 this year. Not totally weaning him off, but more like introducing formula milk to him for his daytime feeding and stick to breastfeeding for night time. And the fact that my stock was finishing anytime soon and my 3D2N BKK trip was coming, SO I thought the timing could have never been this perfect. Or so I thought. Khayr has been refusing all the FM we tried to give him! And we’ve tried all the means suggested -- mix FM & BM in ratio of 1:4 before gradually increasing the FM portion, feed with spoon, syringe, drinking cup.. you name it, we’ve tried it. Dumex, Dutch Lady, S26, Pedisure, Enfagrow, Enfalac, Isomil, and few others… I never thought it would be this hard! I mean Khayr did not want to take in at.all. If ever he did it pun, it was by force :’( I was so stress. What with the busy with work and whatnot + tak cukup stock while I was gonna be away + and he’s not accepting any FM. And to ‘train’ him to accept FM means I had to deny his request for BM, gosh that’s the hardest!!! Especially when he’s on my lap, crying, and keep on trying to lift up my tudung and baju.. *heartbreak* I cried, cried and cried while trying to pujuk him, but he’s one smart boy I tell you. He knows whats best for him. I should have known better. But… *sigh* I have my own reservation, tapi malas nak type kat sini for I don’t want to sound as if I’m giving excuses. In the words of a blogger friend, Ayu -- “Instead of being judged, I should be applauded for my effort..” .. Full Stop.

  • So because of all the points mentioned above, I was so SO moody on most days of my Jan 2011 :’( Especially because of the point #4. I was, to one extend, worried about Khayr more than worried about giving presentation in front of the regional participants.

  • Anyway, the eventually happened. I went to BKK for a 3D2N trip with only 10 bottles of milk left for Khayr, when he actually needed 14 bottles (i.e. 5 bottles for 1 day.. I was away on the early morning of day 1 and was back only late night of day 3). Every day when I was in BKK, without fail I received sms from my mom and Kerol that said, “still not accepting”… *sigh* So they had to pandai2 sort of ‘catu’ kan the milk intake for Khayr, and how sad is thatttt!! I know he’s turning 1 yr, so by now he should be eating more than relying on milk. But still, I don’t feel that I’m being fair to him you see… Talking about being a mother huh.

  • But Alhamdulillah, Jan ended quite well for me. The presentation went way better than I thought, I had great time in BKK (despite the restricted time so I didn’t get to do much shopping, boo hoo!), I’m glad that I didn’t extend my stay over the weekend, the food was SUPERB, hence contributing to my supply I think. People in BKK office has been very accommodating to my needs, so at the end of the day, I managed to transport back home 12 bottles x 5oz of BM, safe and sound. I’ve been at home ever since and only return to work today, so that means, all the 12 bottles was kept as stock. And I've been pumping to add more and more stocks, and it has been a success.

  • So now I think I need to re-visit my decision. Maybe. Just maybe, I will have to continue to fully BF Khayr until he decides when to stop, when he’s ready that is. It won’t be easy, I know. Especially that there will be more outstation trips in store for me this year. But. We’ll see how.

Okie dokie, with that.. I welcome February 2011 with more hopes, with more positive vibes. To those celebrating, HAPPY NEW YEAR! To the rest, have a good CNY break! :)

Khayr is turning 1 yr this coming 5 Feb 2011, but that’s gonna be another entry altogether <3

Before I end this entry, here are some latest pictures of my baby k.. :)




And this is the video of him being such a baby. He was 'crying' because I didn't let hime climb the couch.. and yet he still sempat kasi flying kiss in between.. Hehehehe.


Okie dokie, till later~*

5 comments:

  1. Lia, kagum dengan semangat ko. You deserve a standing ovation (macam dalam AF :P) for being a great mother no matter where you are. Hope Khayr will read this entry in the future and realized how determined his mother is! Keep it up =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bijak! Khayr mmg tau what's the best for him ;)..Lilia,i like the video..khayr macam automatically bagi flying kiss (dia lupe dia tgh blakon menangis tu)..hihiihhii

    ReplyDelete
  3. big clap for mama lilia..being a particular person really helps u in these whole motherhood experiences kan..ko ni mmg komited sungguh la lia..khayr is so lucky for having u as a mother..keep it up okie..x semua semangat wajar cam ko ni hehehe..cth nye aku hahaha..

    ReplyDelete
  4. baru sempat baca .. lambat btol ..

    khayr is soo smart. he knows what is best for him! xpe continue jek with bm. kalau xmo rugi sbb dok beli fm, try laa mintak kat sesape dulu sikit2 bg dia try .. or else bg fresh milk (xde la rugi sgt kalau dia xminum, korang bole minum hehe).

    ReplyDelete
  5. farina, -- thank you thank you.. i guess this when the time people say, once you become a mother, automatically you'll know how is it to be like one. what with the mother instinct, sacrifice, and such.. :') you;ll get there soon!

    pae, -- hahaha tu lah.. ikut sape la agaknye tuh kemain lagi drama queen nye... :P

    yantie, -- haishhh dont la say like that. semangat waja ko is in the other forms :) anyway mcmane tak semangat waja wehhhh, khayr takmo FM, camno?? tsk.

    farah, -- busy with SIL's wedding eh? anyway, tu lah.. looks like i'm left with that choice. dah besar sikit nanti hopefully he's gonna wean off himself.

    ReplyDelete