Pages

Tuesday, 5 February 2008

The one with... the pursuit of happiness..

And I quote Christopher Gardner (Will Smith) in that movie The Pursuit of Happyness, "It was right then that I started thinking about Thomas Jefferson on the Declaration of Independence and the part about our right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. And I remember thinking how did he know to put the pursuit part in there? That maybe happiness is something that we can only pursue and maybe we can actually never have it. No matter what. How did he know that?"

Lunch time is about to end soon and I have not much time to further elaborate the above quote. But what I do know, yes, I agree… Happiness ke, achievement ke, whatever we want in life, are something we need to pursue… They won’t just come right on our laps, fall from the skies just like that..

I don’t know why but past 2 months I was not happy with work.. and I can’t seem to figure it out why… And it’s so pathetic that it’s like I need to seek for comfort from others around me, to be comforted myself on what am I doing..

I hate it!

When I see people who are close to me resigned, and listen to them on how they managed to land on supposedly better jobs, I felt that it’s about time for me too, to start searching for what’s out there for me.. And I started contemplating to change profession too.

When I gathered with those friends who claimed that they are still comfortable with their current jobs, even if it has been for 4 freaking years, I too feel.. Yeah, I have solved bigger problems before… those shit things in office are just another hiccups that will disappear.. You know, it’s all in a day’s work..

When I had that little chat with manager in the car, on the way to go for a meeting with client and she told me how I have a bright future in the firm, and how I have improved so much, and how I am so technically sound now, and how the bosses have high regards on me… My confidence boosted up so high I felt so motivated to prove my worth… That I don’t mind staying back late at night to finish my tasks…

Question is, which way should I pursue now???

Oh well... As cliché as it may sounds, I came to a conclusion, I cannot discover my purpose unless I am clear that I have one… It’s all depends on me, duh hah?

There you go, another what’s-so-new-hah? post from a rather saja2-confused not-so-little ‘girl’ who just being declared by the doctor that she’s infection-free now!!! Yeayieee… :)

And I am so glad now that I have regained my appetite… I have found my mojo at work… and I am feeling much better..!

A little bit here and there…

- After getting sick for so long, I finally went out with Kerol and we watched that movie ‘Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street’.. I found out that it was one heck of a bloody, disturbing, gruesome, yet interesting musical movie… Hmm, I’ve always thought that musical thing is for something happy and definitely blood-free.. :P Anyway, I'm sooo looking forward to watch Cuci and Spartans..

- After being so disconnected with friends, I finally had a little get-together with some of my ex-classmates in Taiping last weekend.. Met Muni & Famie, Aja, Sle, Apit, and Karim at Hartamas and had a rather interesting chat.. Munir was supposed to join too, but he couldn’t make it in the end.. I think after I made my way back home together with Muni & Famie, the rest of the boys went to meet Munir at TTDI.. Heard that there will be a reunion coming soon.. But I’m not too sure about the details.. Hmm.

- My mom just learnt how to make cupcakes and I’ve tasted it and I liked it!! Mom’s ones are way better than those sold off-shelves because it’s not as ‘jelak’ / ‘muak’.. I had no problem to finish one whole cupcake myself… :)

- I foresee that my rather ‘disturbing’ assignment is coming to an end soon… Can’t wait to get if off from my plate!!!

- Streamyx is down at home, and it's gonna take some time before it can be fixed. So I can’t surf internet from home! boo hoo… There goes those office-filtered websites (Friendster, Yahoo!Mail & Messenger, etc etc)… Such a bummer laaa.

- I can’t wait for next Thurs.. apart from it’s gonna be an off day, it’s the day to find out which teams will go to the final top 3 stage in the Amazing Race Asia! Can’t wait!!

That’s all I have for now.

Ok lah.. I better get back to work.. There’s a lot to clear before the Chinese New Year holidays.

5 comments:

  1. Amazing Race Asia...best dowh!
    glad to hear dah recover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sigh..the girls got kicked out..NO MORE EYE CANDY NO MORE!!! ARGH!..realise she damn cute lar...

    ReplyDelete
  3. well. we're still young and the hunger for growth is there. if your future is promising there, why not.

    as for me, I don't see myself being too long in a place, especially living my whole life having a limit of 3 years in every single house that I lived in.

    if the pay is good enough for a 25 year old, you have means to save, support your family and at the end of the day, you see yourself climbing up the corporate ladder, it shouldn't be a problem hanging on there.

    I don't see myself climbing up anywhere in my previous workplace aside from just gaining extensive experience, and even right now in my current company. I'll give it 2 years maximum.

    and woohoo for chinese new year! now I can enjoy my Amazing Race Asia. Somehow rooting for The Chong Girls. Hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fieza,
    Best kan? hehehe.. layan jgn tak layannnnnn. Tau tak mase starting amazing race asia kan, mase dia dok tunjuk2 clip video participants kan, pastu ade satu part ni ade this one lady (bukan participant) menari pakai baju merah/pink, aku kalau part tuh jer slalu terdetik "eh mcm muke fieza la".. hehehe.. aku rase je ler.. tp of course la ko lagi cun :P

    Joe,
    Gongxi gongxi, Xinnian Kuaile!
    u were talking abt that Paula+Natasha team is it? yeah, i reckon Paula is damn cute.. but as long as the malaysian team made it, am more than happy! :)

    Abby,
    First of all, you are not the fake intellectual ok! :)

    Anyway, thanks for the thoughts.. very comforting, really. I guess all i need to do is to spend some quiet time on my own and ask myself what i really want, and the rest will follow through....

    Well, before your 2 yrs limit ends, be sure we do some lunch dates ok! :)

    Yeah i'm supporting the Chong girls too, just how i did for their brother! hehehehe.. :P

    Alan,
    Well, to me.. It can't be defined.. you kinda just know it... :)

    ReplyDelete