Pages

Wednesday, 26 December 2007

The one with... post holiday update #3 - Pangkor & Langkawi trip..

Hello! Am back from the sea... :P After my trip to PD with officemates & Singapore with friends, this time around its a trip with family to Pangkor & Langkawi. Ala Cuti2 Malaysia gitu... Went there from 22/12/2007 till 25/12/2007, together with another 2 families from the neighbourhood. One family of 8 members plus another family of 4. We were joined later in Pangkor by another family of 6. Sah lagi sahih tiada keraguan di situ, with this huge numbers of people in a trip, we fit into the "Rombongan Cik Kiah" category. LOL.

Sedikit info - my mom told me that we are going for a cruise from Lumut to Langkawi. I didn't bother asking about the details. Then after all has been paid and confirmed, the next thing I knew, mom said might as well we go to Pangkor a day in advance. Again, I didn't bother to ask for further info. Then when I told around that I'll be going for a cruise, with a cost of RM110 per person for 3 days & 2 nights, people started to ask this and that. Especially what ship am I going to take, Virgo ke.. Queen Mary ke.. and whatnot. Seriously I had no idea then.

The day before we went only all the information came into light. Turned out, we were actually joining the cruise trip held by the TLDM (i.e. Royal Malaysian Navy) for their members. Huhu. So, it's not that type of cruise you and I generally had in mind ok...

Nevertheless, it's the time with family that matters. Sure, there were hiccups here and there, but I had a great trip. And it really put me into perspective in the sense that it's never easy to hold a family trip, especially when it comes to $$$$. So to those who always have the luxury to go for holiday fully funded by parents, sila lah hargai ok... The slightest remark (read: complaint) though was unintentionally spoken, can really hurt it right to the spot, huhu.. Trust me, parents would always want to provide the best of everything, but some things are beyond anyone's control... Enough said. (Ye saye poyo :P)

Ok lah... as always, I'll let the pictures tell the story... Here goes..

The girls with the luggage before pushed off on Saturday morning.. :)

Just reached the Jetty Point at Lumut. Was so freaking hot!
My sister Liana & I. We were waiting for the dads to go park the cars.

In front of our room at the Havana Beach Resort, Pangkor Island. The place was quite nice actually.

First activity - snorkelling. These are some of the people from the neighbourhood yang form part of the trip. Dulu mase kecik2 main same2, tapi skang dah besar sume cam buat hal masing2. Paling rapat pun setakat senyum dari jauh jer bile terserempak kat depan rumah. Tau updates masing2 pun from the mothers. Anyway, it's very comforting to know we could still click, judging by how well we mingled around together during the trip.

My sisters Erin & Liana, and I.

With brother Ajim, and Liana. Hmm, bukan nak kate ape la.. but snorkelling at Pangkor sucks! Huhu. It made me wanting to bring my family to Perhentian Island next year..

During the island tour after snorkelling. This is crocodile's head-lookalike rocks.

Second day. Hmm... with the parents around, rest assured proper meals for breakfast are guaranteed! Hehehe.

Ajim in front of the resort.

Activity hari kedua is kayaking.

Its my first time ever kayaking. Not bad, but I would say, not my cup of tea.. Heh. Penat dowhhh.

My family at the jetty, to go back to Lumut.

The downside of going for a holiday during school holiday coupled with public holiday - freaking a lot of people!

The pose from the rombongan while waiting for the ferry.. :)

It's my turn to pose to kill the time..

Ini lah kapal cruise nye - kapal MV Fajar Samudera.. Huhu.

All aboard...!

Atas kapal.

When the ship started cruising - sangat windy ok...

Activity waktu malam - merenung bulan... :P tapi best la jugak, lepak kat luar, looking at the dark sea, wondering about the 1001 mystery lies beneath..

Adik2 ku yang poyo dan menghiburkan..

Waktu pagi the next day.. very calm and peaceful.. Anyway, tak pernah2 le pulak bangun awal gile during holiday tau.. That's 7 something in the morning ok. I was all ready to go by then.

My family... :)

Sun rise...

Found an old friend there... (Hehehe.. Concorde, is that really you? :P)

Perlukah aku elaborate?? :D


Sampai2 Langkawi, rombongan cik kiah sume berpecah.. Every family went into separate ways according to own planning. As for our family, since not all have been to Langkawi, we decided to cover the sort of must place to go - the cable car. As expected, orang ramai nak mampos and it was damn freaking hot.

Posing while waiting for our turn..
Just before we hop into our 'gondola'...

The scenery when we reached the top.. Huhu... Saya sangat gayat, tak enjoy pun the scenery while we were in the cable car.

Posing jangan tak posing...
After cable car, we went to the Langkawi Underwaterworld.. Apart from the fact that there were penguins, the place sucks big time ok! The place was very much overrated. Aquaria was way better than this place.

Ni hari last... They held a tour around the kapal2 perang. Liana and I didn't join, we stayed in the room sleeping... :P

Due to time constraint, we could only cover that two places at Langkawi. Bummer. Well, at least we got to spend some quality time together.. Oh did I tell you that on the first day right after we hop into the ship. We were gathered at the dining hall, and there was a briefing on the RULES to be observed around the ship.. Huhu.. Kene pakai baju berkolar setiap hari la, tak boleh pakai selipar / sandle, kene punctual, etc etc etc. Sangat army-like. But of course, it's holiday for God's sake... Rules what? :P

I like the fish satay very much! We bought a lot of these when we were back in Lumut after the Langkawi trip.

And these are what we bought from Langkawi.

Hmmm cuti + a lot of junk food.... Nice! :P

Will start off next year with food fasting, I promise myself.

Ok lah.. nak tido.. I have another (last) holiday trip soon before go back to work! :)

4 comments:

  1. yeah hurt me on the spot..hu hu..haha..

    how come no pics of the room? haha now i finally knw why it was onli Rm110++..

    enjoy the rest of ur hols..

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yeah, the pics of the room.. will upload those soon. my sisters, myself & my mom were placed in a room of 4, i.e. with 2 double decker beds. and we had to share the dorm like toilets with the rest... not that nice huh! but my dad n my brother were placed in a 2-single bed room, which was way much nicer.. huhu. and i heard some was placed in a room with the toilet inside, which was the best!

    anyway, like u said, i also finally know why the cost was only that much.

    are u in office? office must be damn empty now ya. you also, enjoy the rest of your 2007. happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hoi lia .. bln 2 aritu pn aku g pangkor, stay kat havana .. snorkeling kat sana mmg mcm g*mp*ng ah!! hahaha. nasib baik ada binatang k*t* mamak yg aku rasa agak merepek tp menghiburkan hati jugak laa .. hahaha .. kau xamik gamba dgn k*t* mamak ke? rugi wooo

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh gambar yang ko tunjuk kat aku aritu ko lepak havana ker? hahaha itu lah, mase kayak tuh aku pergi kat satu pulau nih, banyak gile bende alah k*t* mamak tuh.. sebab ko lah aku bgtau budak2 yg kayak ngan aku skali.. tak berani pegang dowh, geli siut! kitorg angkat pakai pendayung jer, then tkde sape berani picit smp dpt effect yg ko tunjuk gambar kat aku tuh.. hehehe.

    ape2 pun hell yeah snorkeling kat sane memang mcm haram. penat jer promote kat family aku yg snorkeling tuh best. ingat kan sume tempat same... huh.

    ReplyDelete