Pages

Friday, 12 October 2007

The one with... a day before Raya 2007..

Hmmm tomorrow is Hari Raya... am I not happy? Oh well, its a mixed feelings actually.

First thing first, I did not manage to finish the supposedly-finished workloads before I go for my Raya leaves.... and I don't like the feelings! huhu...

Anyway, I shall see what I can do about it.. Talked to my manager already, but no matter how much she told me not to spoil my Raya leaves, I guess I have to own up my own liability.. I mean, what should I expect her to say? "Oh, don't worry.. Pass it to me, I will help you to finish them.."? DREAM ON!

Somehow at one point it occured to me, we are all to some extend, alone. You do things together, have happy moments, but when it comes to your own responsibility, especially when it involves your own path in life, you are actually left alone. When you are stuck in certain situation, people around you can only give their 2 cent worth of words of comfort. But in the end, its you yourself to decide what's next for you to do. Past few days I've been planning to stay back in office to complete what's necessary. But somehow, friends and / or colleagues keep on telling me not to, for they believe there's more to life. And one thing is, I am a sucker to nice words. What was I thinking? Why I always let people decide what's best for me? Am I not independent enough? Why it's hard to be firm with my own decision when it's rather crystal clear that by the end of the day, it's going to be me myself having to carry on with my own life. And at that point, no one would be able to help me. Of course, it's not their fault either. People said nice things in attempt to comfort you, yes. But that doesn't mean they are held accountable should I choose to follow their words rite?

Haihhh I don't know where am I heading with all these whining, but this is something I always had in my mind before I sleep at night. No matter how happy I am and how blessed my life is with my partner, friends, and family, at the end of the day, I am still alone actually. And that's how life going to be when we leave the world. You are in charge of your own life, of how you want your life to be. No one but you to be blamed should things do not go your ways.

Enough said.

Eh ok lah .. let's talk about happy things. Tomorrow is Raya y'all!!! =)

Who am kidding kan if I were to say I am not happy with Hari Raya... Dah siap shop till drop, dari baju ke tudung ke brooch ke bag ke kasut, takkan laa tak happy kan??? *wink*

This year is going to be my first ever to celebrate Raya in KL. There's no one else in Port Dickson - Opah has left us on 26 December 2006 and Atuk is now staying with Mama's eldest brother Pak Long & his family in Bangi. So the plan is to go there and gather with the rest after solat sunat Hari Raya. Hmm, come to think of it, this is going to be the first Raya without late Opah. Oh, and Liana too! Liana my sister is in Jakarta, studying. She will only have 5 days of break should she decide to come back to Malaysia to celebrate Raya - not worth the price of the flight tix. I hope she understands that. Anyway, she just came back last month, and will be back again during Christmas. So, not that bad aite? Whatever it is, of course, Raya wont be as much fun without her around. Geez I miss her big time! Will call her tonight to find out how's her preparation there in Jakarta.

Second day of Raya, as usual will be spent at Papa's side in Langat - not that far from KL. Over there, there's only Opah - late Atuk left us in 1995. Opah is staying there with Pak Lang & family. Anyway, Papa's side will be much merrier with more crowd - there are Pak Long, Cik Rozie & family, Pak Lang & family, Pak Cik & family, and Pak Chu & family - only thing is we cousins have grown up to be quite distant from each other. So everyone will sort of do their own things with their families. Things are not as chaotic as it used to be when we were kids - playing 'kejar-kejar', go visit from one house to another collecting duit raya, having fun playing fire crackers, and so on. The guys are all now 'control macho' and the girls are all now 'control cun'. LOL. Poyo kan?! :P

So basically things are pretty lined up before me for the first and second day of Raya. The rest of the days will be decided later. Good thing is, Kerol is celebrating in KL too this time around instead of going back to his kampung in Kuantan... So perhaps I can plan something with him.. yeay! :P (tiba2 teringat Raya tahun lepas Kerol & family kena denggi... what an experience, for both myself and for his family.. huhu..)

OK lah.. I need to go down and see how I can offer my help in the kitchen. Both Mama and Erin are busy there.. Mama is preparing the ketupat daun palas and whatnot, Erin is making Raya cookies. As usual, I am not as friendly when it comes to that area.. hehehe. Sigh, if only Liana is here, she'll definitely be in the same 'category' as mine.. but sekarang sejak duduk Jakarta she's slightly better la. huhu. [note to Kerol: terima kasih kerana menerima saya seadanye ek! *muka cute*]

To all my Muslim friends, Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri, Maaf Zahir Batin... may you have a great Hari Raya with family and friends. Mintak dihalalkan makan minum serta hutang yang ciput2 and mintak dimaafkan segala salah silap either sengaja or tak sengaja.

Ok, enjoy ya!

Before I end, as always somehow it feels a tad incomplete without pictures.. :P Those are captured yesterday. My family decided to break fast outside and it was quite a last minute decision. So, knowing that Saisaki Jap buffet requires no reservation plus rest assured there will always be available table, I brought them there.. =) Erin couldn't join, so there were Papa, Mama, myself and my brother Ajim... Glad that they enjoyed the food there, and afterwards we went to Jusco Wangsa Maju to buy baju Melayu and some other Raya clothes for Ajim. Well, one thing I would say, there are zillionth other people celebrating Raya in KL! Kerol and his siblings were there too shopping in Jusco but punye la ramai nye manusia, we didn't bump into each other. Instead, I saw Acap and his mother. heh.

Ok, the pictures.

PS/ I don't agree at all with his taste in colour! huhu...

Alritey... ciao~!

No comments:

Post a Comment