Pages

Saturday, 22 September 2007

The one with… [Singing] “Calcuttaaaa… taxi taxi taxi…” (repeat 2 times.. heh.)

Before I start typing what I want to type, just want to make it known that my heart goes out to the family of Allahyarham adik Nurin Jazmin Jazimin. Really, it broke my heart to know what had happened to such an innocent kid like her and it must have been extremely hard for the parents and family members to cope with the shocking news. Hopefully the person who committed such a cruel, insensitive, heartless and unacceptable act will be dreadfully punished both here and thereafter.

X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X

So…
Things were so rushing for the past 3 days.. I was on this 2 days internal course of which I’ve enrolled since last week (which means, I cannot pull myself out from the course just like that) when suddenly the trip to India came into the picture.. (Yesss, it’s confirmed now!!! =) )

I had to juggle between being physically present in the training room and having the mind wandering around on what needs to be done with the current jobs am handling and also making sure that all matters relating to the trip to India are all sorted out.. The visa application, the booking of flight ticket, the accommodation arrangement, the food, the extension of credit card limit, timing for prayer and hence for berbuka and sahur, and the list just goes on…. In fact, even as at this moment I just got back from going out with Kerol (*isk* am so gonna miss him!) to run some last minute errants especially to change RM to Rupees. But all in all, thank God everything was all done deal.. The credit especially goes to the two helpful, very kind, and patient secretaries of my department. Really, I pity them for having to cope with the late notice but somehow they’ve managed it very well.. Impressive!

Hmm, but as to how the real situation is gonna turn out to be, I myself is feeling quite nervous just by the thought of it. It’s kind of having a mixed feeling I would say. Happy, tapi nervous; excited, tapi takut; something to that effect. Huhu… Mana pernah travel jauh2 macam ni… Bulan puasa pulak tu.. Haishhh. Nervous nervous. And to top that up, it’s kinda weird though facing the way my family is handling the news. Dad asked me to cancel the cab I’ve arranged earlier to go to KLIA since he said he will drive me there, with the rest of family members going to tag along. And yesterday mom asked me what I wanted for berbuka, to which I replied “anything” for I thought I would just left the option opened, but much to my surprise she made my favourite meal – the kuewtiow goreng basah plus, she even went to the PaRam and bought ayam percik and roti boom for me; another two favourite meals of mine. Gosh, I was so touched! I mean, maybe all these while I always carried myself as the typical eldest, the independent ones to be specific. The one who always turn down offers by the parents just because (I think) I know I am big enough to take care of my own self. After all, I’ve been away from the family since I was 13. Only when I started working 3 1/2 years ago I started to stay at home. So having the family members showing their concern like this, man I feel weird, but so touched at the same time. Huhu. Ok, I’m getting all emotional now.. (~_~)

Anyway, yeah.. am going to Calcutta (new name now is Kolkata) for a week with my colleague Joanne, departing later at 6.50pm and going to touch down Malaysia only by next week’s Saturday morning. India's time is about 2 1/2 hours behind compared to Malaysia's. Just so you know :P So with that, I shall bid farewell for now and officially leaving my page to be filled with dust. Heh.

Ok lah, as always, don’t miss me so much! Hehehe. Ciao….

5 comments:

  1. hey there miss kolkata!!!! i'm indeed so proud of ya! neva thot it's gonna be this fast...but wuteva it is, take a very gd care of urself aite..i'm pretty sure u'r aware bout the current political situation there...but that doesn't mean u can't enjoy urself!! hv fun n bring bck some gd stories to tell!!!

    bisous, concorde...

    ReplyDelete
  2. lia, nak pesan t-shirt boleh? hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  3. babe,
    hv a good and safe journey!
    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Concorde,

    thanks! have written an entry about my trip there.

    Oya,

    nasib baik i managed to find one. will pass to u on Monday.

    Alan and Tina,

    thanks! i'm safely back in one piece.. :)

    ReplyDelete