Pages

Tuesday, 18 September 2007

The one with... moving..

Phew, finally am all settled down with my new workplace.

Yesterday was the first out of two moving phases. My department was part of the 1st Group. Woke up quite early in the morning because I’ve agreed to meet Parveen at Jean’s place; located near The Mall, at 8.10am. Met the two of them just on time, before making our move to KL Sentral. Managed to find the designated parking lot, which is quite, well, DAMN far from the main office building which is located at the Jalan Travers. 15mins of walking ok! Sigh, so freaking far for the unfit me… Looks like after this I have to factor in the walking as part of the overall timing to reach the office. What a bummer.

Anyway, things were all exciting though for yesterday. We were all wearing this (ugly) shirt, of a fluorescent green in colour. And the size was ridiculous. Even ‘S’ was also big for the skinny girls like Joanne & Parveen. And Jean & I had the shirt with the size ‘M”. Huh. So if anyone happened to see people with that kind of shirt wandering around KL Sentral yesterday, yes that was us and some other staffs of the same company. Hahaha. Had to register at the 15th floor first, at which we had to return back our old name tags as an exchange for the new ones. Thank God my picture was a-ok. Huhu. We even received some goodies too, including a new laptop bag - backpack form. Not bad.

Then we took the lift down to 8th floor where our department is located. I could see my boxes were all already there. I would say my new workstation was rather spacious compared to the previous one. But I seriously pity those who had to sit at the ‘triple sharing’ workstation arrangement. So poor thing. Anyway, I am located quite far from the gang, especially from the girls. *isk*. Nasib baik I have Eddie sitting next to me. Hmm, my place is at the very far end, at the corner facing the glass window. Haihhh. Agak tidak best, I’m not in control of the traffic. I mean, people may just appear from my behind to see what I am doing. Huhu. Unlike those who sit facing the aisle you see. Oh yeah, another bummer, this time around we are sharing cabinets and they are located quite far from my place. All of my files were placed under the table then.

So yeah, things were pretty much sorted out by lunch time. I felt so tired by then. Both the walking and the unpacking took out so much of my energy.. Huhu. And the dust made me felt uncomfortable as well, though I didn’t keep on sneezing like some others. I have yet to check out what’s in store for lunch – leaving it to the others for that. All I know once the fasting month is over, I’ll be fed with enough information on where to go for lunch... ;P

Kerol came during lunch time – I need to buy a new pair of sandal / sneakers since the one I was wearing was already spoilt. So sad, I was actually wearing this one sandal which I haven’t been wearing for quite some time. Boleh pulak sandal tu mereput. Huhu. I only realized that at about 11am, much to my disappointment and embarrassment too… Sebab separuh daripada tapak kasut tuh memang dah mereput and tertanggal. Sangat buruk rupenyer. No wonder I felt something was not right when I walked :P So yeah, both Kerol and I, we went to Mid Valley during the lunch time. Kerol tak abes2 gelak seeing me in that ‘moving’ attire. Boleh pulak staff Mid Valley pun wearing uniform of the same colour. Kemain suke la si Kerol menyakat. Ceh. Anyway, I managed to buy this one pair of sneakers of my liking from Hush Puppies. *happy*

Couldn’t really do work after lunch hour. Everyone was not in the working mood. Connection was still sucks. And we were all still excited and busy checking out around the new place and testing the new telephone. Hahaha. Jakun kan. Maklumlah dulu phone kat ofis lama was the normal phone from Telekom. Ni kat tempat baru dapat phone yang bleh screen calls, set ringing tones, scroll received calls, missed calls etc, and also scroll names in phone book like we normally do with the hand phones. OK, confirm jakun! LOL.

Went back at 5pm and was so annoyed with the traffic! Huhu. Office dah jauh from home… so sad... It took me almost 1 hour just to reach home. Walking from office to the car park je dah 15 minutes. Sigh. Sangat penat..... Any tips to go back to Keramat Au1 from KL Sentral the fastest possible??

Anyway, the highlight of my day – my director called me and one of my girls, Joanne into his room sometime just before lunch. Guess what, we might need to go to India next week! Yep, India paddayappa. Huhu. What happened was, there’ll be this international training on the area of what my department does, i.e. what I do for a living; held by our affiliate company there. This year it's going to be held in Calcutta, India. So my director wanted to send at least 2 of his staffs to learn and later share the knowledge gained from the training with the rest of the department. So he picked me and Joanne. Well, at least that's what I knew la. Not much details were made known to us just yet. But whatever it is, I was, and am still, feeling so happy and thrilled! Nervous is one thing also la, but that’s beside the point as at this moment. \(^_^)/

Anyway, like I mentioned, we MAY be going. Yes, things are not confirmed yet. Cause my director needs to get approval from the CEO first, as much as the budget is concerned.. Huhu. Hopefully luck is on my side! Wish me luck okey… *keeping my fingers crossed*

Ok lah, it’s almost 5pm. I’d better be ready to go back soon. As always, before I end the entry, enjoy the pictures!

This is Eddie, with Joe menyibuk.. :P

The view from my place. I could give traffic report to others hah?

Me, myself & I.

Joanne trying to play hide-and-seek.

Parveen, posing with the birthday present I gave her in April =)

This is Adrian.. I've always thought he looks like fido-dido, doesn't he? :)

Ruben and Jean, capturing my picture. heh.

KL Sentral diserang orang2 hijau.. :D

Another view around KL Sentral.

From L to R: Parveen, Jean, Joanne & myself.

Watch out for another group of 'greenish people' around KL Sentral next week on Monday as another batch is moving in! (and that includes Oya.. hehe).

5 comments:

  1. wow!!! very excited about the phone and the space... hopefully the twin sharing is bigger...

    but my place will be facing the wall and behind me will be the directors room!!! talk abour bummer...

    and is the LRT 15 mins walking distance too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think twin sharing definitely spacious compared to your previous one. well, provided you dont stack all your files on the table lah.. ;)

    facing the wall with director's room behind you? tell me about it. been there done that.. :D but dont worry, normally director wont be in the room all the time.

    and yeah, its about 15 mins too.. takpe, kite consider that as an exercise k? (an attempt to take things positively. hehe)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sungguh ceria kaler uniform anda. hehe. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. lilia,
    hahaha..india padayappa. hope you get to go there!

    am also excited with your new place! eventhough aku takde kaitan pun. huhu. nampak macam cun je.

    the 15mins walk? it will do you good missy!

    ReplyDelete